Alright, Hi everyone! Ok... Let’s see, to get this started, this is my first one so bear with me. I hope that it’s interesting. I’m definitely open to hearing criticism or anything that I can to improve.
Alright, first off, in case no one shows up, I have put together a list of questions that I found on the blog Barking Up the Wrong Tree. It’s a study where Arthur Aaron created a list of questions that are suppose to bring people closer to their romantic partners and in hopes to get out of my writer’s block, they always say that, “All the best art comes from vulnerability,” So, I figured I would answer these questions LIVE in a two part series. The first half today and the second half next Friday at 1pm PST, same time.
To get started, I have to say that when I was preparing to go LIVE today I had a physical response to the vulnerability that happens around question 15 or 16.We be getting right up there then I’ll answer them next week.
Also [sign language] For my Deaf friends, I’ll be transcribing this video and posting it to my blog later. I love you and thank you for your support.
Unfortunately, CC isn’t an option for LIVE video. It is important to me that they have access to to the live video since I won’t be signing.
Let’s get started….
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world,(oh hi there, thanks for joining) whom would you want as a dinner guest? I think my obvious answer is the Obamas, but the less obvious answer is Larry Gagosian, he owns galleries all over the world and has pulled off some amazing shows.
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
I think people assume I want to be famous because I have a blog but that’s really not true. I just want to get paid to do things that I love. What I think is really important is what legacy are you leaving behind. If my blog could inspire a teenager somewhere to go to college or pursue their dreams, knowing that the life they have lived doesn’t have to define them…. Then I’ve done my job.
3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
I don’t usually rehearse anything, I’m pretty comfortable talking, I did public speaking in high school. If it’s a serious conversation and important to me I will definitely run through my talking points.
4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
Waking up next to the person you love, it doesn’t matter if it’s sharing coffee in Italy and travelling the world or doing mundane things, like watching ‘Meet the Press’.
5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
I don’t sing, I smoked way too many cigarettes in college. It’s something I avoid.
6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want? Mind, 100%.
7. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.
Since I’m not doing this with a romantic partner, I’m doing it with Facebook LIVE, I think that people who follow my blog are more open, interested in sustainable fashion, since I do my late night Twitter hours, and people who are interested in what it’s like to raise a teenager. I didn’t give birth to Dominic I just take care of him.
8. For what in your life do you feel most grateful? (Hi Dominic) Dominic, him moving in with me has really changed my life. And my siblings both adopted and biological. My siblings are some of the most inspiring individuals I’ve ever met. (Rolando sorry to hear about your reception and Whitney, thanks for joining.)
9. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? I have a really sordid past, my family fell apart when I was 16 but I moved in with my best friend's family my senior year of high school. As a teenager, I really battled wanting those things to change. As I got older, I accepted that I have a lot of amazing things in my life and the reasons for that, is the way it happened. If there is anything I would want to change, is... I feel like I missed out on a lot of foundational things. Like cleaning up your dishes after dinner, those things don’t come naturally to me. They were things I had to learn going through my early 20’s.
10. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be? I wish I could fly. I think it would be so much fun to be able to travel all over the world, that’s why I find the Hyperloop project so interesting.
11. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future, or anything else, what would you want to know? I would want to know if the people I love are happy. That things work out in the way we are always trying to build them. I also think that happiness is something that is learned over time, that you become more and more happy with your circumstances and surroundings.
12. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it? I’ve been dreaming about writing a book, I haven’t done it because it’s really hard. I still don’t know if I’m old enough to write a memoir. But I guess we’ll see?
Thanks everyone for joining, hope to see you next Friday at 1pm PST. Take Care.