- Quyhn: You’re allowed to reset in Life!
Melissa: And LIVE is so raw, it’s all about the bloopers
- Quyhn: John C. Maxwell, is a speaker, entrepreneur, he wrote a ton of books and my biggest takeaway, is the power of your environment.
- Melissa: I’m making huge changes in my life, I’m practically a walking self help book. I’m coming out of a depressive break and I’m slowly crawling out of it. I’m taking a parenting program called the Nurtured Heart Approach.
- Melissa: Surround yourself with people who motivate you. Cynthia Johnson started a reading group named #ReadwithCynthia which recently featured, How to Talk to Crazy by Dr. Mark Goulston.
- Melissa: Don’t have difficult people in your life. Replace them with positive energetic people.
- Quyhn: I have zero negative energy in my life. I would say the only negative energy I have in my life is myself and my distractions.
Melissa: But you can change that!
- Quyhn: Questions to ask to see if your environment is toxic. 1. Are the people around you supportive and encouraging? When people are doubting you it is a reflection of how they feel about themselves.
- Melissa: Positive content people offer sympathy not judgement.
- Melissa: I’ve been using this app, Way of Life (app), suggested by THE SKINNY CONFIDENTIAL.
- Melissa: The app reminds you to stay present in the daily.
- Quyhn: Maxwell was talking about this… collecting small wins throughout your day adds up to something huge.
- Quyhn: The moment you start doing stuff for yourself, you get extra energy!
- Melissa: You can only take care of other people if you are taking care of yourself.
- Melissa: Make sure you are living in your own life not other people's lives. - Quyhn: The second thing is, are you in an environment where you are being challenged and getting out of your comfort zone. If you’re comfortable, you aren’t growing. - Melissa: Always be pitching.
- Quyhn: Third one is surround yourself by people who are growing.
- Quyhn: The fourth one is surround yourself with people who are a level up from you.
- Melissa: It’s about Accountability.
- Melissa: I’m trying to be more sympathetic, compassionate and understanding.
- Quyhn: Be. Do. Have. Become it, so you can do it and you’ll have it in your life.
- Quyhn: Remove one toxic thing at a time in your life.